As you know from my posts that our "big" appointment kept getting pushed back and we were a little frustrated because we sure wanted to know what our little Sweet Pea was. Well.........
IT'S A GIRL!!!!!
Josh and I scheduled an appointment no one knew about and before we left to go on Whitney's girls weekend he pulled into the yard honking with the balloons and banner!
Mom seeing Josh--I thought she caught on here but I don't think it was until the next one...
I think she was excited!~
Colt running over to Uncle Josh to see what all the honking was about! (He did NOT like it at first!!)
Wish I could have heard this conversation--Colt may be the funniest kid I know!
Getting hugs all around. Sorry we stole some of the attention on your weekend, Whitney!!
And our picture of the big reveal to my family!!
To say that we are excited is definitely an understatement. We would have been excited whether it had been a boy or girl but I have kinda thought girl all along so I would have just been surprised if it had been a boy.
So we made this reveal on Friday morning and swore everyone to secrecy until I got back from the mountains and got to tell his family! I did not get pictures of this event but I acted like I bought them something in the mountains and they unwrapped some girly things. It took them a little while to catch on--Lisa, Josh's mom, said her first thought was "Hmmmm, I don't think this tutu is going to fit me!" BUT, once it clicked, everyone was VERY excited!! This will be the first little girl on the Hawthorne side--Josh is one of 4 boys and the first grandbaby born in June was a little boy! Needless to say, the boys had to have the "What the heck do you do with a girl?" conversation. So it should be a fun road ahead :)
My biggest fear ahead of time was the baby either "hiding" its gender or it being a little iffy and us telling everyone and then it being wrong. But our first 3-D picture of her, she was not hiding anything. The lady doing it just laughed and said she had never seen a baby be that easy to tell and we may want to teach her once she gets here that that really isn't acceptable. Josh assured her he would take care of it!
I am so excited get to really start planning and buying!! But I am most excited to seeing the man I love more than anything become a daddy to this sweet, sweet little girl!~ It melts my heart just thinking about it! We are so blessed!!

Congratulations!! Trent had that "what am I going to do with a girl" thought for a while too. Now he says he cant imagine not having this little girl! Such fun ahead for y'all, God Bless!
ReplyDeleteSO excited for you guys! Little girls are so much fun! I feel like Josh is the "baby girl whisperer" with Sterling and Mary, so he will be so awesome! Cant wait to meet that little sweet pea!! Love yall!!
ReplyDeleteThank you! We are so excited. Liz, I thought the same thing. I wanted a little girl for that exact reason!!! :) I can't wait to meet HER either. Still can't believe we actually know and can say HER instead of IT!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! Girls are SO much fun! I love the balloons and banner, cute idea!
ReplyDeleteAdorable idea! I am so excited for you two and for her and Gentry. Love that they will grow up to be as close as you and your cousins!! :)
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you and Josh!
ReplyDelete