Pages

The Hawthorne Happenings

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Lemon Chicken Primavera

Good morning everyone! I just wanted to share this recipe that I found on one of the many blogs I follow. I told Josh after I threw it together in under 10 minutes (no lie!!) that if it was any good, we may be having it often. It was SO easy!!

The lady whose blog I follow got it from Reynolds, the makers of foil, then modified it a little.

Here you go:

Lemon Chicken Primavera
These foil dinners are made in individual portion sizes, so multiply the ingredients below by the number of people you are cooking for.

Ingredients

  • 1 sheet (12×18-inches) foil
  • 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
  • 1/3 package of frozen stir-fry vegetables with pasta, such as Chicken Voila!
  • 1 tablespoons butter
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • A pinch of grated peel and juice from 1 lemon, divided
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
PREHEAT oven to 450°F.
CENTER chicken breast on sheet of foil. Arrange stir-fry vegetable mixture around chicken; top with butter. Sprinkle with water, lemon peel, garlic salt and basil.
BRING up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside.
BAKE 22 to 24 minutes on a cookie sheet
Squeeze lemon juice over chicken and vegetables before serving.
You can also grill this recipe using a covered grill at medium/high heat for 10 to 12 minutes.

**The only thing I can add is that I thought our packets were going to be so full that I didn't add all the vegetables. I did three packs and had some veggies left over. What I didn't think of it how much the food would cook down so the packets were a little puny! I would also add salt :) It needed it but other than that it was a really good, EASY meal! Not mind-blowing by any means but it was good and Josh approved!

4 comments:

  1. Always love your recipes! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I'm trying to make up for all the ones you have given me!

      Delete
  2. Stop it (but not really!) you are making me SO HUNGRY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!! Sorry I'm not sorry :) Just kidding!

      Delete