Ingredients:
- 1 3lb boneless pork shoulder, skin and excess fat removed (the smallest I could find was actually about 5 lb and it worked)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth, or water
- 2 cups bottled barbecue sauce
- 2 Tbsp mustard
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
--Trim pork of excess fat. Scatter onion over bottom of slow cooker and place pork on top. Add broth, cover and cook on low until very tender, about 8 hours. Remove meat and let coil.
--When meat is cool enough to handle, pull it into thin shreds, removing all fat and gristle. Skim excess fat from liquid in slow cooker.
--Return pulled pork to slow cooker and stir in barbecue sauce, mustard, honey, and soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 1 hour on low.
That's all! So easy. I served it on hamburger buns with a side of pinto beans. You could do coleslaw or potato salad if you like that but I'm just not a fan of either of those. :) It makes a ton..especially if you get the 5lb one and there is only 2 people eating it--luckily we both love leftovers for lunch because that is what I have had all week.
If anyone has other slow cooker recipes, I would love them! I really do want to start using it more!!
Enjoy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment