(Yes--the one in the turtle costume)
He was an incoming freshman and I had known his brother since I had started school. The funny thing is his brother, Tyler, had told my best friend and I on a Collegiate FFA trip: "My brother is about to start school here and one of you should marry him because since I am now off the market, he is the next best thing!" We, of course, laugh this off thinking we were way too old and mature for a freshman...Little did I know, God had a huge plan in store for us!
After the fall semester started, we started randomly hanging out and giving each other a hard time. After the picture above, my friends were dead set on us dating. I could not figure out why they didn't want to date him but I did think he was super cute and fun. I just kept thinking, I am about to student teach and graduate so it would never work. Plus, I could tell he was the kind of guy that I wouldn't just randomly date--he would be one that I would want to stick around a while and with me about to graduate I didn't want to have to break up with such a great guy (Yes--I had already broke up with him in my head before we even started dating!)
We kept hanging out and talking all the while denying any "feelings" we had. All I knew was no one could make me laugh like the could and we had a blast together. The fact that I was completely myself and hadn't scared him off was an added bonus.
At the end of March, we finally admitted that we were both thinking we might want something more than just friends. But I was going to Ft. Worth for the summer and he was going home to work---so it would never work! Again--God's plan takes over and over the course of the summer we talked/text NON-STOP! It was seriously ridiculous! By the end of the summer, I knew he was something way more special than I could ever have imagined.
We went back to school the following fall and spent pretty much all our extra time together! Falling more and more in love every day...seriously, I can not get enough of this guy!
We survived being apart while I student taught, the summer following, and in the Spring of 2010 he decides to go to Fire Academy in Killeen--about 10 hours away from where I was teaching in Dalhart. Talking on the phone every morning and night got old really fast but when I went to visit him that March---he popped the question!!
Now I had a wedding to plan to keep me busy while we were apart---and even better, we could see the light at the end of the tunnel. No more hours of seperation!
He was the best fiance: helping when he needed to, listening to me stress over details, not complaining when we had to take lots of pictures, and staying out of the way when he needed to :)
On September 4, 2010, I had the honor of becoming Mrs. Josh Hawthorne.
I had no idea what the future held, but I didn't care as long as he was by my side.
I have told Josh several times over the last 2 years--I knew marriage was going to be fun...but I had NO idea that it was going to be this fun!
I laugh more than I ever thought possible.
I fall more in love with him everyday.
I thank God daily for this man who is my husband, the leader of our family, and my soul mate. I could not have imagined a more perfect spouse in all my years of dreaming!~
Thank you, Josh Tanner for the most amazing 2 years of my life. I can not wait to see what the future holds! I love you more than words can say!
Here are a few pictures from our married life:
If you can't tell--we STINK at taking pictures! :) I have got to get better at this!
Cotton Stripping 2010
Our first anniversary in Ruidoso, NM
The top of our wedding cake--so yummy!
Love him!
Last weekend at my sister's wedding











Yay! love, love, love hearing "How we met" stories...that was perfect. so cute! you know it's a good post when you're smiling while reading it. haha. Happy Anniversary! it only gets better! I can't wait for your sweet little girl to get here. Just when you think you seriously can't love your husband anymore, there's a special bond that forms during labor....I kid you not...weird, huh? haha. CONGRATS you two!!! P.S. - I'm glad you married someone that wore a turtle outfit...someone super serious is TOTALLY not up your alley :)
ReplyDeleteThanks---it was perfect--despite what I had originally thought! Glad God was in control and not me! :) I know...I can not wait either!
DeleteOh he is absolutely perfect for me! And the turtle outfit is one of my favorite memories. He went Halloween day and all that was left was a child's turtle outfit!! Crazy guy!
Happy Anniversary, Allie!! You two are such a precious couple. Don't you just love looking back and seeing how each thing happened for a reason?! Here's to a lifetime of happiness!!
ReplyDeleteThank you! Yes, I do! Soooo much fun!!
DeletePrecious couple! Love YA'LL!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Liz! We love y'all!!
Delete