Pages

The Hawthorne Happenings

Thursday, September 6, 2012

She has a name.....

Well, I never thought that I would announce the name before she got here and we went back and forth about it for a long time. But, both of our immediate families knew her first name which made it a lot harder to keep it a secret from everyone else and I just knew it was about to slip! We threw around 2 different names for middles names but finally last week decided on her name. We had laughed at my older sister for having issues to commit to a name but as we both looked at each other while trying to for sure decide on her name Josh admitted that he could see why Becca had a hard time. But we both agreed on one~!

Her name is going to be Hensley Sue Hawthorne.

Hensley is Josh's grandmother's maiden name. I found this out while we were dating and I instantly fell in LOVE! I thought it was the most beautiful name ever and I told him that if we ever had a little girl I would really like to name her Hensley. He was all for it. (This is the only reason both our families knew what it would be---I was kind of obsessed with it and I couldn't even act like another name was an option!!)

Sue is my grandmother's sisters name and the perfect middle name...in my opinion. We wanted it to be a simple, one syllable name since she had a pretty long name with just her first and last name!

I am still having difficulty believing that we are only about 10 weeks from Hensley being here but we are definitely BEYOND excited!

17 comments:

  1. What a beautiful name!!! It's exactly the kind of name i'd expect from you! I love classic names.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh...thank you!!! :) You just made my day!

      Delete
  2. I love the name...can't wait to put a sweet face to that beautiful name!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Me neither!!! We are getting really anxious!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! I love the name, so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to hear what y'all are having! I am so excited for y'all!!!

      Delete
  4. Love love love it! I know it must have been a hard choice, but it's okay that "Kristan" came in second. :) Hensley Sue is way better!
    Love you friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It was hard...I even tried for Hensley Dawn but Hensley Sue won out in the end!! :) I love you!!

      Delete
    2. Kristan you crack me up - that is SO something you would say :)

      Delete
    3. Isn't it nice to see that some people never change?! :)

      Delete
    4. haha indeed it is! wasn't it the 3 of us in Mr. Fry's class when she gave me this nickname sideburns?? bahaha. Please tell me someone remembers that!

      Delete
  5. Hensley is beautiful!! and at Christmas you can call her "Little Hensley Sue-hoo" bahaha. thanks for announcing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!! I know she is going to be just as beautiful as her momma!!

    ReplyDelete