Pages

The Hawthorne Happenings

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tahoka Baby Shower

Yesterday, we had our baby shower in Tahoka. I am still blown-away by how sweet and giving people are. Josh and I and our precious baby girl are beyond blessed. It was so much fun to get to open all the sweet, little girly gifts and then get to go home and put together her nursery. I am worn out today but it was totally worth it!
 
Her nursery is actually beginning to look like a nursery---which makes us really excited and really, really ready for her to be here!
 
Our hostesses did an amazing job--the decorations were precious and the food and punch were delicious! Here are a few pictures captured by my amazing sister!!
The banner hanging above where I opened gifts--it is now hanging in her window in the nursery until her curtains arrive and then we might have to move it to a different wall! 
SO precious!
 
Seriously, is she not the most precious thing you have ever seen?!
I am hoping my little niece, Gentry,  teaches her cousin how to act. She is the happiest baby I have ever been around!


My sweet cousin, Gencie, who is due October 18th with her 3rd little girl!
I wish we could have got one with my cousin's wife who is also having a little girl on October 12th!! So many babies being born--and on the White side of the family ALL of them are girls!! I have a feeling they are going to have so much fun in the future!

One of the (many) sweet little outfits Hensley got yesterday.
This one was from her Mimzie, Josh's mom!

One of my favorite outfits from the shower--a little gown that had a fire truck on it and they got her name monogrammed on it and added a feathery bow to the hat to make it girly~! I have a feeling if Josh dresses her this is what she will be wearing!

Yes, this was the mountain of gifts at the end. I was seriously blown away.
 
When I figured out Josh was "the one" and knew that I would one day be living in his hometown, far away from where I grew up, I was a little hesitant. I had grown up in Dalhart, went to school in Canyon, then moved back to Dalhart--it was all I knew. Despite the hesitancy, I knew there was nothing I could do about it so I might as well jump in and enjoy it! From Day 1, I have been so blessed. Everyone in Tahoka made me feel so welcome and just took me right in. I was blown away by how immediately I felt at home and how amazing everyone was. I have often told Josh that they made my move away from all my family and friends so much easier than I ever imagined (not that I don't miss everyone back home! :) )
 
But yesterday was just a reminder of this. It made me relive the engagement party where I was being introduced to all of these people, nervous-as-could-be, wondering if I was ever going to remember their names! Then here we are, two years later, and they are all so special to me and have made me feel so loved. Thank you all so much! You are all such a blessing to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment