Ok, I know that nobody really needs a recipe for baked potatoes but I had to share this in case there was someone else out there like me who always had bad luck with potatoes.
I love potatoes--pretty much in any form---mashed, baked, french fries, tater tots, hashbrowns (you get my point!)---I just never liked making them! They never, ever turned out how I wanted and if they did it took HOURS longer than I expected.
One day, not too long ago, my co-worker and I were talking about this and she let me in on the best secret (ok, it's not really a secret but I didn't know it). I have decided to share it with you....You can cook baked potatoes in the SLOW COOKER!! Ok, I know it doesn't take a genius to figure this out and deep down I probably knew this from working in concession stands but I have never actually done it.
I have now and I am hooked!! BEST THING EVER! In the morning, before you leave for work, wash some potatoes, poke some holes in them with a knife, slather them with some butter, wrap them in foil, set them in your slow cooker on low, go to work and come home to yummy, SOFT baked potatoes!! There is no more hassle of "Oh darn, it's way too late to start the potatoes for them to me done in time to eat with supper."
The only bad thing I can say about this is both times I have done it, some--not all--of the potato skin gets a little tough on the bottom of the potato where it set there all day. But to me, the good totally outweighs the small little sliver of skin you can't eat. :)
Anyways, just wanted to share in case there was someone out there like me that loved potatoes but never had time to cook them! The first time we did it we had loaded baked potatoes and then last night we got home and Josh cooked steaks to eat with it!
So now that I have shared this lovely piece of advice with you---is there something else out there that I'm missing?! I love these ideas that make your life so much easier! Anyone have anything to share? Other slow cooker recipes? Tips to cooking something that usually is "hard" to cook? I would LOVE any advice!!
No comments:
Post a Comment