28 weeks and counting! We went to the doctor last Wednesday before heading to Dalhart for my sisters wedding. I got to drink the yummy drink and get my blood taken to test for gestational diabetes and a lovely shot in my hip--not one of my funnest doctor's appointments BUT we did get to hear her sweet heartbeat and it completely makes the pricks and pokes all worth it. It is the most beautiful sound ever! It was kinda funny though because it took her forever to find it and when she did she was wayyyy on my left side. Then 2-seconds later she can't find it again and when she did she was as far on my right side as she could possibly be. I told the nurse that she was bouncing off the walls in there for that sugar drink I had to drink for my test!
I did get a little speech from the doctor about weight gain. Apparentely I have gained a pretty normal amount total but 8 of the 16 lbs I have gained were in the last month. Whoops!! :) She said she was a little concerned about that and really raised her eyebrows at me when my husband proceeds to tell her it could be due to the fact that a donut shop/bakery opened up right across from my work--traitor. Oh well! Lol!
This weekend was crazy and chaotic to put it mildly---but so much fun! My middle sister got married and I just knew I would get a picture in my beautiful bridesmaids dress--but that didn't happen! I have really good intentions but sometimes they just don'thappen~! So---here is me today--a few days late!
Week 28
(I feel like some of the answers below never change but there isn't just a whole lot to change at this point! So please excuse the same answers!!)
How far along: 28 weeks
Size of Sweet Pea: About the size of an eggplant
Maternity clothes: Yes!
Weight gain: 16 lbs
Gender: A sweet baby GIRL!
Movement: She is pretty active when I am sitting or laying down! She is getting stronger all the time!
Sleep: Pretty good-my poor husband barely has room to sleep because I have about 10 pillows surrounding me but I'm sleeping better!
Food cravings: Still not really!
Anything make you sick or queasy: Nope!
What I miss: Starting to miss sleeping comfortably
Symptoms: Nothing new--Movement, growing belly, forgetful, starting to get tired really quickly
Mood: Getting ready! I can not believe how fast time is flying though~!
Best Moment of the week: Wow--this week there were so many great moments! Going to the doctor and hearing her heartbeat, getting to see ALL my family that I hadn't seen in forever and probably won't see again till Christmas and them getting to see my baby bump, my cousin giving me a box of cute baby clothes from her little girl, and one of my very very favorites is we have decided on a name....A FULL NAME!! We have known her first name since we found out she is a girl but last night we both committed to her full name. So much fun---and so incredibly crazy! I originally didn't want to tell until she was born but I'm guessing we will be making an announcement soon---so be on the lookout. I think it will fit her perfectly!

Well good thing I don't have your dr. I would hate to hear what they said about my 50 pound weight gain! Hahahaha. Yay for an active baby! Melody was really mellow in my belly and is very mellow now. Yours is really active....guess we will see how she is!
ReplyDeleteLol--I don't think she was worried about the total amount--just the 8 lbs in a month! Oh well! I know--I can.not.wait to see what she is like!! WOOHOO!!!
Deletehahaha. gotcha - well hopefully she is super active and wears that tutu around the house :) I never found a leotard (sp?) to go with it so Mel never even wore that! Make sure she gets good use out of it. hahaha.
DeleteOh I am sure she will! I can't wait to put it on her!
Delete