Pages

The Hawthorne Happenings

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

27 Weeks


Rutabaga--my baby is the size of a rutagaba this week?! Am I the only one that doesn't know what that is? Luckily, google came through for me and I have posted a picture below!

I was so excited when I got ready for church on Sunday because I looked real cute and thought "Man, my weekly picture is going to be cute this week!" Vain? Yeah, a little. But I had on this little black dress and cardigan and I felt like a cute pregnant person. If you have ever been pregnant you know, this doesn't always happen. So I was pumped. However, what did I do after getting home from church?? I went straight to my closet, grabbed a pair of sweatpants, a t-shirt and a sweatshirt (YES, a sweatshirt---it was a little chilly outside and I could not wait to put it on!!). Then I curled up on the couch, we put in Courageous and then I bawled my eyes out. I tell you this to explain why I look oh-so-lovely below! :) So much for that cute preggo picture I had planned! The sweats were just too appealing, darn it!

Oh a little sidenote--if you have not seen the movie Courageous--go get it and watch it! Ah-mazing! Such a great message and it made me so so so so excited that my sweet baby girl (and God-willing, her siblings in years to come) will have Josh as a Daddy! I can not even begin to tell you how excited I am to see the love of my life and best friend become the father of our children. I am so blessed.

Week 27
(Yes I really did post this picture of myself for all the world to see--Luckily, very few people read my blog!!)



How far along: 27 weeks

Size of Sweet Pea: About the size of a rutabaga (for those of you like me who has no idea what this is, please see picture below!)

Maternity clothes: Yes!

Weight gain: Maybe about 12-13lbs?

Gender: A sweet baby GIRL!

Movement: She is pretty active when I am sitting or laying down! She is getting stronger all the time!

Sleep: Pretty good-my poor husband barely has room to sleep because I have about 10 pillows surrounding me but I'm sleeping better!

Food cravings: Still not really!
Anything make you sick or queasy: Nope!
What I miss: Starting to miss sleeping comfortably
Symptoms: Nothing new--Movement, growing belly, forgetful, starting to get tired really quickly
Wedding rings on or off: On

Mood: Getting ready! I can not believe how fast time is flying though~!

Best Moment of the week: I know this may be the only time in my life I ever say this but I did do a load of baby clothes that had been given to us and it was so much fun to see the washer filled with these tiny, precious clothes. Then I folded/hung them up as Josh and I sat there and talked about how even doing this it didn't really feel like it was our baby that would be wearing them. SO much fun!! :)

2 comments:

  1. My Josh said that courageous is even more sad when you watch it AFTER you have a little girl - get ready for your Josh to cry HARD after sweet girl is here! haha. and no its not bad that you put sweats on right when you got home - whatever is comfy! and you still look super cute in sweats! and lastly, one day I swear you'll cry when you look back at those clothes and realize how small they are and no longer fit your little girl. oh it's so sad! I bought 12 month old clothes for Melody and they look HUGE! Today, I tried them on her and they fit. ughhh. I cannot wait for you to hold your sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can only imagine! That is all I could think about the whole movie! Thanks, Whit!! And I know--I know once she gets her life will fly by even faster than it does now! I can't wait to hold her either! 13 more weeks :)

      Delete