I LOVE my crockpot, love it! So why do I only use it once in a blue moon?? I ask myself this everytime I use it! But I did get it out yesterday morning, added some in ingredients in less than a minute, turned it on, left for work, came home to a delicious smelling house, browned some buns in the skillet and Voila! supper was served! Again I ask---why do I only use it once in a blue moon?!?! I really am going to try to get better about this. Anyways, here is what I made:
*These aren't exactly what mine looked like but they were delicious. I really love this lady's website: thecountrycook.net. She has some great recipes!
Here is how you make them:
Ingredients:
1 (3-4 lb.) Rump Roast (can use Chuck or Round Roast)
1 packet dry Italian Dressing
1/2 (16 oz.) jar Pepperoncini Peppers
1 (10.5 oz) can beef broth
4-6 slices Provolone Cheese
Sub Rolls
Directions:
Put the rump roast into the Crock Pot.
Rump roasts usually have one side that is all fat. I'll usually put the roast fat side up so the fat will drip down into the meat.
If you are using a Chuck Roast or Round Roast, you won't see that layer of fat.
In a bowl, combine beef broth, dry italian dressing and 1/2 the jar of pepperoncini peppers (including some of the juice).
Use as little or as much of the peppers as you like (depending on how spicy you like it).
Pour this mixture over the rump roast.
Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours.
When ready, slice rump roast. At this point, I'll trim some of that extra fat off the meat as well. If you are using a chuck roast, you should just be able to shred the meat with two forks.
Place meat back into the juices.
This part is optional, but if you'd like, add a little butter to sub rolls and lightly toast them. I just toast mine right in my cast iron skillet.
Place sliced meat onto your toasted rolls, making sure you add a few of the peppers on there too.
Add a slice or two of provolone cheese on top and serve.
YUMMY!!! And I'm laughing as I was scrolling through her pictures because she used deli-style pepperoncinis---that would have been MUCH better than the whole ones we used and had to pick them stems off--oops!!
.jpg)
Allie! Thanks for sending me the link to this! You are such a great wife! I'll be adding this to our list. Also I told Trent about the taquitos, he can hardly wait to try them out--easy to please! Can't wait to see more of your recipes!
ReplyDeleteYou are welcome! Oh no---I'm really not! Well I take that back..some weeks I am really good and impress myself and other weeks I completely stink and we eat out every night!! :) Oh good! They are great and so easy! I will try to post more--you are my motivation! Let me know if you get good crock pots ones!!
Delete