Pages

The Hawthorne Happenings

Friday, March 1, 2013

Liebster Award

The other day, my cousin, Britt, gave me a Liebster Award.   From what I gather, it is just a fun way to recognize other small bloggers and learn a bit more about each other.   If you don' t know my cousin, Britt, or follow her blog you should go there right now. She is the mother to the cutest, sweet three boys you will ever see. She is amazing.

So here's how it works:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link your post to their blog.
2. List 11 facts about yourself then answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 more questions for your 9 nominees, all of whom have 200 or less followers.
4. Comment on their blogs to inform them of their Liebster Award nomination


11 Facts About Me~!

1. I took 2 semesters of American Sign Language in college and I LOVED it. I have always had a love for sign language--and I'm pretty sure it started about 5th grade when I read about KoKo the gorilla who learned to sign. My best friend and I then learned it so we could talk in class without getting caught :)

2. I have never broken a bone (knock on wood)

3. I am a new mommy to a beautiful baby girl

4. The love of my life is two years younger than me. His brother had mentioned he was coming to school at WT and I should date him and I remember thinking "Uh, I'm not going to date a freshman!" God had other ideas. Our story is here if you want to read it :)

5. My husband and I are both extreme tight-wads. Him more than me but neither one of us like to spend money. I like to "shop" but it usually turns into just looking.

6. I recently started a business that is a branch of my mom's where I can print on t-shirts, burlap, etc. We are praying that it will eventually lead to me getting to stay home and raise our kids.

7. I, in no way am against modern medicine, but if it can be done naturally I would prefer to do it that way. I think God created things to help us and if they work then I would rather not put something man-made in my body that has a bunch of weird side effects.

8. I knew boys and girls were different. But I grew up with three sisters. My husband was one of four boys. I am STILL in culture shock everytime we are together. How are we so different? That being said---I love them and do not quit laughing the entire time we are together. EVERYTHING is a competition.

9. One of my favorite things is getting mail--just because.

10.  Going back to #5--I am a tight-wad, BUT if there was anything I could blow money on, it is cute, organizy stuff. Labels, containers, folders, calendars---seriously. If I let it, it could get out of control.

11. I love to read. And I will re-read things that I love several times. And by several I mean like 10!


Questions Given to Me:
1. Best book you've read? I have to narrow it down to one?! If you know me then you know that I read ALL THE TIME. I have cut back a little since having Hensley but still read any chance I get. I have a list a mile long of my "favorite" books. My favorite are Christian Romance. Dee Henderson, Karen Kingsbury, Francine Rivers, Lori Wick. There is no way to tell you just one book.

2. Fashion trend you want to try? HA--there are too many to name. I feel like I am WAY behind in the fashion world. If only my pinterest closet were real! Um, but I must say that I do LOVE the chevron print and every shirt/skirt/dress I see in it, I wish I had.

3. Best advice you have ever received? When life gets to hard to stand, kneel.

4. How do you drink your coffee (if you do)? Cream and sugar--my new favorite is the Cinnabon Cinnamon roll. YUM.  

5. Favorite season? In High School I would have said hands-down, summer. I don't know if it gets a lot hotter now or I'm just a wuss but I would definitely say Fall now. There are things I love about each season but fall all around is my favorite.

6. What's your release? Funny you should ask-I was telling Josh the other day that I really, really  wish I was a runner. When I'm stressed-run. When I'm feeling good-run. Well, I'm not but I really wish I was. In all reality, I probably just talk/vent to Josh or my sisters and mom. If I'm really upset, I cry. If I'm really excited, I laugh. (Man that was a lame answer.)

7. Name of your first pet? Reba. She was a MEAN rat terrier.

8. If you had college to do over, what would you major in? Honestly, I'd probably go the same route. I loved the Ag Department, the people, the classes. And I got what my advisor really thinks I came to school for...my MRS ;)

9. Link a recipe you love. LOVE THESE SO MUCH!!
http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/main-courses/oven-ham-sammies/

10. An item you can't live without? I really hate to say it but I would have to go with my cell phone. Not really because I am on it all the time but we don't have a land line so it is my way to talk to my husband, mom, sisters---which I do multiple times a day :)

11. Favorite candy? Probably a Fast Break. That's tough though!!


My Nominees:
 
 
Cortney--(has a few too many followers but I just love her)
 
 
 
 
 
 
And my questions to you:
 
1. What is one piece of marriage advice you would give someone?
2. Beach or mountains?
3. You are given $1000--what would you buy?
4. What form of social media is your favorite (if any)?
5. Favorite type of shoes?
6. Favorite memory from childhood?
7. At Christmas, do you want your gift to be a surprise or do you want to peek ahead of time?
8. Why did you start blogging?
9. What is your favorite blog?
10. Favorite dessert?
11. One place you want to travel before you die?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was so fun! I loved it :) Thanks for the nomination!

      Delete
  2. Love this! I hadn't read your story about meeting your husband before--adorable! Yay for God having other plans. :)

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete