Pages

The Hawthorne Happenings

Friday, March 1, 2013

Silver Lining?

Sooooo...I came home on Wednesday to the sound of rushing water. Not the best feeling. Especially when your husband is not there. Our icemaker part had busted on our refrigerator and was spewing water EVERYWHERE! Our kitchen/dining room and part of our living room was covered in water.

A few hours later, after using a shop vac and carpet cleaner to get as much of it sucked up as we could--here is what our living room looks like:

It made it all the way to the entry and into the hallway leading to Hensley's room
 
This was yesterday when I got home, after the cleaning people had been working on it:
 
 
 
Dining room floor is for sure toast
 
 
 This morning with all the fans set up:
 
So confused about the title of the post yet?!
Welll---it just so happened that Josh and I have been thinking about updating our kitchen. We were going to focus mainly on painting the cabinets and redoing the lovely blue countertops. We had tossed around the idea of going ahead and knocking out part of the wall that seperates the entry from the dining room and then redoing the floors. Our kitchen and dining room have different floors which we always thought looked a little funny. So we were debating on whether or not we should just go ahead and do it all at once. I told Josh, God just knew how indecisive we both are so He was helping us along with the decision :)
Who knows what will really come of it? We should know more after the weekend of noisy fans in the house! But I'm trying to look at the positive side!

No comments:

Post a Comment