Pages

The Hawthorne Happenings

Monday, January 14, 2013

I've Got To Brag....

I've been uploading pictures so that I can catch up on all my blogs but I had to take a minute break to brag on my little girl!

My sister has always had the best sleeping kids. So I, of course, wanted to know all of her secrets. We have read Baby Wise and Healthy Sleep Habits, Healthy Child and called Rebecca LOTS of times for advice. We have tried from the beginning to get her on a schedule and to put her down when she sleeps so she learns to sleep by her self. She has done great napping (for the most part---we have had our times of not wanting to nap!) so I had a feeling that it wouldn't be too long before she started sleeping through the night. They say that a baby can sleep through the night at 6 weeks of age (based on due date---not birth date). This, for Hensley, was the weekend before I started back to work. Well, Josh and I held our breath but we still got up in the middle of the night...darn it. But every night we held our breath and wondered "Is this it?!"

I went back to work January 2nd and that night she slept from about 7 pm to 4 am!! 
WOOHOOO!!! 
She has been doing GREAT every since then. She has slept till 6 and 6:30 a few times but there are still nights we get up at 4ish. But---when she sleeps 8-9 hours in a row I am not going to complain!

Ok---I am through bragging but I just can't help it. :)

Oh wait one more thing....

How cute is she!?!?!
Ok, I'm done now--I promise. 

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome, Allie. Yay Hensley! She is a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I bet you'll have a GREAT sleeping baby if she is already doing that! Mel started sleeping through the night at about 3 months and is the BEST sleeping baby. seriously...down at 8:30 and usually sleeps until 9:30 and sometimes even 10! She even takes like a 3 hr nap! haha. If your little one is already doing that good, she's bound to be a good sleeper! Go Hensley, Go Hensley, GO GO GO Hensley! haha. By the way, I read baby wise and agreed with some and didn't agree with some - what did you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I am counting on Whitney!! I think in every book there is something I don't necessarily agree with 100% but I do LOVE the schedule that Baby Wise gets them on and that they don't have to be fed/rocked/etc to sleep!

      Delete