Man, did we have a lot to be thankful for this year! And at the top of the list was the sweet little girl below who has completely stole our heart!
I don't know how we have lived without her! Despite the numerous blow-out diapers, the getting up all night, every night and getting spit up on more times than I can count...I wouldn't trade a single second! We are SO blessed.
So here is our one month photoshoot before we went off to not one, but three Thanksgivings!
She was a trooper!
I didn't pull out my camera at our first Thanksgiving stop with Josh's mom's side of the family. Stop #2 was the White-side Thanksgiving in Lubbock.
Redoing the picture we took two months before!
Hensley & I; Lindsey & Emmalee; Gencie & Bonnie
3 girls born within 10 days of each other
Popo finally got to see her again. He hadn't got to see her since the hospital.
So excited to see these three grow up together!
Ma & Pa with their 3 great-granddaughers
Love this picture!
Josh's family at Thanksgiving #3
So blessed to have married into this family
Family pic :)
Poor Hensley was STARVING and not too happy about it!
I wish I had been on top of things so that I could put all the things she was doing at a month old and her stats but oh well. Maybe next time.
We didn't announce it at the time except to family and close friends but we were EXTRA thankful this year. A week after Hensley was born they called to tell us that she had something show up on her Newborn Screening. It was a rare metabolic disorder where she would not be able to eat proteins. We immediately started praying and speaking blessings over her. At her 2-week appointment we found out a little more about it. Depending on the severity of it, she might not ever be able to eat any meat, poltury, nuts, beans, dairy--anything with protein. :( They told us we wouldn't know the results for a few more weeks.
The Monday before Thanksgiving the nurse from the doctors office called to tell us that part of her results were in and it was looking really good that she didn't have it but she couldn't tell us for sure, and we probably wouldn't know anything till after Thanksgiving but she wanted us to know something. Wednesday she called and said, "Happy Thanksgiving! Her results were perfect!!"
Thank you, Lord! We were so so so thankful to hear it!


No comments:
Post a Comment