Josh got off work the morning of Christmas Eve and I had the car loaded down and we headed to Dalhart as soon as we could! I couldn't wait to see everyone!
About halfway there we heard that one of my cousins got sick the night before and so that whole part of the family wasn't going to come just to make sure they didn't pass along the germs to the rest of us. We got to Dalhart about lunch and had our big meal with Me-Me, and the rest of the crew that was there. It was delicious as always! We had a relaxing afternoon and then we got ready to go to Christmas Eve service--which is always a favorite of mine! I am so sad though that I didn't get a picture~! Oh well.
Christmas morning we woke up to blowing snow! We bundled up baby girl and the little boys and made the dash over to Me-Me's house to see what Santa had brought! Rett & Colt must have been really good this year because they had lots of goodies set out and there was even something left at the barn that wouldn't fit it Me-Me's house. Too bad we couldn't even see the barn due to the weather. Popo, however, ventured out and brought it down to the house--it was a horse! The boys were so excited. (There aren't any pictures of this either because we were facetiming Aunt Nee and videotaping!!) Gentry and Hensley must not have had time to earn near as many since they hadn't been here the whole year. But they did get some essentials like clothes and books. I'm guessing next year their pile might be a little bigger :)
Finally after things settled down a little, I had time to snap a few pictures!
Love this boy--not quite sure what he is eating!!
Such a cute picture! The 3 Little Wann's in their Christmas pj's!
These next set of pictures crack me up!
Rett, Colt & Gentry: "Ahhh, there's Hensley Sue"
Gentry: "Oh hiiii, Hensley! I can't wait to play with you!"
Rett: "Gentry, you can't touch her! She is too little"
Rett: "Could I get a little help here?!?!"
Look how talented he is! Totally blocking GK while still holding Hensley Sue!
Me-Me got all the little boys matching red vests---they were so adorable!
The boys were pretty excited.
Big hugs for Me-Me...
And even a high-five!
<3
The older boys all got matching jackets too!! :)
All bundled up for the cold!
It was kind of a crazy Christmas with about 1/2 as many people there as there should have been. Whitney and Garrett only got to come for a few hours due to the weather and working.
And up until Christmas it had been SO warm that I never could get in the Christmas spirit. But regardless of all of that, it was a wonderful Christmas. We enjoyed every minute of spending time with the family we did get to see and all of the amazing food--but mostly celebrating the fact that it was Jesus' birthday! Thank you Lord for sending Him to us!

No comments:
Post a Comment