Pages

The Hawthorne Happenings

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Hensley Sue Hawthorne

Instead of trying to write down everything about the first few days of little Miss Hensley's life, I thought I would just do a few blogs full of pictures!! 

I am EXTREMELY sad to say I don't remember any of the first few hours of her life. Unfortunately, when they knock you out it takes a while for that to wear off. 

I do remember waking up in recovery to my husband sitting there waiting on me to wake up.  I remember him telling me that she was here and she was perfect. Since they knocked me out he didn't get to come into the room either which he was really upset about. They did bring her in to recovery to nurse (which is all a blur) and then immediately took her back to the nursery to finish cleaning her up and checking her out. They didn't bring her back for an hour or two.

These first few pictures are so special to me because it is all the things I missed out on. I wish I could have seen the look on Josh's face in person because it completely melts my heart. She is beyond blessed to have this man for a daddy!


Wheeling her down to the nursery

Proud daddy

Showing her off to his parents and brother

Totally and completely in love
*I wish I could say that I labored for hours and had a reason to look this great, but I didn't! My only reason is that I took a shower before coming and that is how my hair dries when it air dries--beautiful I know. But since it was my first picture with her I decided to set aside my vanity and post anyways :) 

The two loves in my life

No comments:

Post a Comment