On Sunday morning, October 21st, I was laying in bed waiting for Josh to get home from work before I started gettin ready for church. When Josh got home we decided to stay home from church because my lower back was killing me and I just wasn't feeling that great. We didn't really think anything about it. I had run errands all day in Lubbock the day before and figured I had just wore myself out. I talked to my mom at some point that morning and she mentioned that my grandma's labor started in her back. I still thought---yeah right, I still have 4 more weeks.
But since the seed was planted I started to wonder a little. I told Josh I wanted to call the doctor just to make myself feel better. When the nurse asked me if the pain was coming and going and I answered yes, she proceeds to ask me how often this is happening. I said, "Um, I'm supposed to be timing this?!?" Yes, I did feel like a clueless first time mother. Anways, long story short she told me she would come up to the hospital just to be checked out! WHOA! We headed up there, got hooked up to the monitors, were told I was dilated to a 2 but having NO contractions, and a rude doctor informed me that I was not in active labor and we could go home.
So off we went home feeling silly for even making the trip up there. But with this little scare we decide maybe we need to get it in gear and get a few things ready just in case she decides to make her debut sooner than November 17th. We do laundry, pack bags, get car seat ready, all in between me laying on the couch with a heating pad because my back hurt so bad....then we head off to bed.
1:30 a.m.--I wake up to a gush of water soaking me and promptly yell at Josh that "OH MY GOSH, we are having a baby TODAY!!"
We gather up our stuff, get in the car and head to the hospital. At this point I am still not having any contractions and don't until we are halfway to the hospital!
We get to the hospital about 2:30 a.m., get checked in and settled. They check me out and tell us that the baby is still breech and I am already dilated to a 6. By about 3:00 a.m. we are informed I would be having a c-section since she is still breech, they have called our doctor, they are prepping the operating room and we will be having a baby soon. I remember looking at the nurse and saying, "How soon is soon?!" She just smiles and says, "About 30 minutes to an hour". Holy smokes!
I am so thankful for Josh---he is so laid back and calming that it was easy not to get freaked out that it was all happening so fast. We let grandparents know that she was not wasting anytime getting here and said a little prayer for peace and that everything went well.
They took me back to the operating room where Josh had to wait outside while they got me all ready. They gave me my spinal and got me settled on the bed where they waited for it to kick in. I feel my legs go numb and my rear---then all of a sudden I feel a pinch on my stomach. I immediately let them know about it! They decided to give me a few more minutes and pinched me again---which I still felt. They tilted my bed back so it would move up my body then pinched me again---I STILL felt it. I remember them all looking each other like "this is not supposed to happen".
Needless to say, they had to put me under and Josh couldn't come in the room but when I woke up this is what I saw....
Our sweet baby girl was here!
Hensley Sue Hawthorne
October 22, 2012
4:36 a.m.
6 lbs 1 oz
19 inches long
She is absolutely perfect!
Teaaaaars!!! So glad for a beautiful, baby girl!! Love y'all!
ReplyDeleteI cried, too! Praise the Lord for miracles!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
What an amazing story! I'm so glad everything was okay! You have such a sweet and beautiful family! :)
ReplyDelete