So with the weather turning cold, I knew we wouldn't be getting out much so I decided I should probably just bite the bullet and start potty training Hensley. We've been talking about it a lot but buying 2 set of diapers for several months quickly got me on the ball. Tuesday and Wednesday of last week I half-heartedly did it….Mainly because by about 4:00 on Tuesday, she was DONE. Like sobbing, hysteria, DONE. I wasn't sure if I was going to scar her for life so I decided to try again the next day. It wasn't the best either but after talking to my sister-in-law who potty trained my nephew at 18 months over a weekend, I got a few more ideas.
Thursday morning started off GREAT…we went in the potty, got a sticker and wanted to send a picture to Uncle Lutey. Woohoo, go us. I knew we were on the right track.
Annnd again, yay for going in the potty. Insists on me texting Uncle Lutey again (no I'm not kidding. Yes, he was laughing by this point)
Unfortunately, we hit a rough patch and we went back to sobbing. I wasn't going to be deterred though..we could do this.
*If you are my husband or mom or sisters, you might disagree since I was calling and texting SUPER frustrated but I'm just going to say I wasn't going to be deterred. *

Our efforts prevailed and we even went #2 in the potty and got m&ms! :)
I have been SO proud of her. Since Thursday morning she hasn't had an accident and has gotten to where she has started telling me when she needs to go.
I have learned though, that most of the fits are thrown because she really doesn't need to go and is frustrated I am trying to make her. So I've been trying to let her go as long as she can and have her tell me. I'm sure we aren't completely out of the woods but she has filled up a chart with stickers and when daddy gets home tonight we are going to pick out a toy at the dollar store. WOOHOO!!!!

This is what saved us that my SIL told me about…BOOKS IN THE BATHROOM!! Serioulsy, saved me. I am pretty sick of all of them but they were a huge help.



No comments:
Post a Comment