***I started this back in August and never got a chance to finish and post. Its long and I rambled…but I don't want to ever forget any details, and I want to brag on the best realtor EVER!!***
With as crazy as our life has been, I have never gotten the chance to publicly brag on this amazing woman. The first time we moved, I dreaded having to look at houses and make a decision. I had watched enough HGTV where I knew most couples disagreed and got into big fights over it. Josh and I really do not fight. I hardly ever even get annoyed with him---part of it is my choice not to let things bother me, but the other part is--he is just the best husband. :)
Anyways, getting back on track, I just really didn't want to go through the stress of buying a home. Then, I meet this lovely lady! Y'all---if you EVER need to buy a house in the Lubbock area, this is the most amazing woman you will ever meet. It didn't take us many days of looking to narrow down our choices when we moved to Brownfield. But I seriously LOVED every minute of it. She made it so much fun and was definitely our voice of reason.
I will never forget her taking us to our house that was not even on our list because it wasn't in our price range. She just really insisted saying we needed to look. We instantly fell in love, despite the baby blue beams and huge window drapes on every window. It was perfect. We were somewhat bummed though because no matter how perfect it was--it was still out of our price range. As we were about to leave the house, she stopped us and told us we needed to pray right then and there. She spoke the most beautiful blessing over us and our new home. Asking God to have His hand on where we were supposed to live and to give us his guidance. Through God and Judi, we were able to buy the home we wanted. I have no doubt, her listening to Him was the only reason this was possible.
Fast-forward two and a half years---Josh gets on with the Lubbock FD and I am 7(ish) months pregnant. We know he will be going to Lubbock M-F, 8am-5pm every day for several months. I REALLY wanted to move back to Tahoka, near our family and friends, before the baby was born because I knew it would be so hard once she came. He would still be traveling to Lubbock daily and I didn't want to be alone in Brownfield without help! We knew it was going to be tough to make it happen but we started praying. Asking God if it was His will….please help us find away to get to Tahoka. Help us KNOW what we were supposed to do. If that wasn't what He wanted, shut the door and we would be ok with it.
So we called Judi and just started playing out a few scenarios. We got the paperwork done- just in case- and waited. He officially got the job, we called Judi, she posted our house on her websites and Facebook around 4:00 pm and we all sat back to see what God had planned.
Josh was on shift at Brownfield and I was calling him to tell him goodnight. At around 10:30 pm, while I was on the phone, Judi beeped in. I told Josh.."Uhhhh I gotta go…Judi is calling". After quickly clicking over, she tells me that I will not believe this. Not only had someone called, they had made an offer and were sending her over a contract---AND THEY HADN'T EVEN SEEN THE HOUSE IN PERSON!!!! (And just because I don't want to forget…it was ALL because she couldn't quit bragging on our utility room in the post and that is just what this lady had been praying for!) In case you missed it, this was only HOURS after she had posted it. I mean, if that isn't God stepping in and giving us an answer I don't know what is! :)
Long story short (Ha…or shorter), we found a house in Tahoka and got our house sold and a house bought before Kennedy arrived. It was a little much on our plate but seriously such a miracle and a God-send. We are super thankful for the people who sold us our house too and let us move in early…just so we could be here.
Anyways, that's all to say…JUDI FILLINGIM, you are absolutely amazing. I treasure the friendship we now have with you because we asked you to be our realtor. I am so thankful for your relationship with God and you listening to Him in every area of your life. You are such a witness and your light is always shining for Him. Thanks for making both experiences something I never want to forget!
We love you more than you know.

No comments:
Post a Comment