Pages

The Hawthorne Happenings

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

35+ Weeks

Well, Little Miss has not been acing her tests like we had hoped. They added in a sonogram every Monday on top of the monitoring twice a week. I didn't think a whole lot of it until I went to see my doctor after and she just warned me that I might want to have a bag packed because at any point they may decide she is better off out in the world. WHAT?!?! Needless to say, my sweet, sweet Mom and grandma made a quick trip to help me get a little more settled in. They unpacked boxes and cleaned and then raced home to get stuff done in case they had to turn right around to come meet baby girl. I felt a LOT better being a little more settled and our house mostly functional. We got baby stuff clean and ready for a baby. 

This picture was on Sunday as we were about to leave for church. We knew that there was a possibility (even if it was a slim one) that it could be our last day as a family of three. Josh felt pretty certain that Monday would go great, and I did to, but still couldn't get it out of my head that there was still a chance. 

I held my breath as the nurse did the sonogram yesterday. She said that everything looked good and they will do another growth sonogram on Monday. I will be 36 1/2 weeks so past the point I had Hensley---which is CRAZY!! We are obviously praying for a great report but I also feel better if I make it past 36 weeks. I love the fact that my doctor does not panic but has laid out some scenarios for us. She did tell me last week that me just waiting around and going into labor is probably out of the question. If I were to make it, we will have a c-section on July 17th but I have a feeling she may make an appearance before then….maybe not though :)


My sweet Hensley Sue coming over and holding my hand while I tried to get a picture. 
Oh how I love this girl. 

Our life has been INSANE the last month or so, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love this man more and more every day. He is the hardest worker and best provider for our family. He has gotten up early, been to class all day, gotten home in time to eat, play with Hens for a little bit, then studies till around midnight every night for the last few weeks. He doesn't complain and gets up to do it all again. Throw in moving, closing on houses, day to day stuff he does, and a baby who is ready to come out in the world and meet us---he should be stressed beyond belief and no fun to live with. Yet the opposite is true. I know he stresses a little about his tests but for me, he is a complete rock. He has kept me sane and calm and I wouldn't want to do life with any one else by my side. Hensley, Baby Girl and I love you, Josh Tanner. We are proud of you and all you have accomplished. 

1 comment:

  1. SO glad that you got good news!! I'll be praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete