Pages

The Hawthorne Happenings

Monday, May 19, 2014

M.I.A….but only because God is SO amazing :)

Not that I am the most consistent blogger by any means but I do have a pretty good excuse for being more absent than normal! 

As I mentioned in the pregnancy update, I now get to go weekly to be monitored in hopes of preventing another pre-term delivery. So that was two weeks ago today---we came home a little nervous, praying that everything would work out and I would keep cooking this baby as long as possibly. The next day, Josh was off to a physical for the last step in getting hired on at the Lubbock Fire Department (for those of you that feel like you have missed something…..it has been a YEAR long process!!). Everything went great and he knew when he left he passed his physical. So now he had an official job offer! We called our amazing realtor, Judi, and told her we were ready to put our house on the market! She got it done that afternoon and we were anxious to see if we had any "bites". 

**Let me take a quick step back and say why we were in such a hurry to get it on the market. We absolutely LOVE our home, love Josh's current job and everyone he works with. We love our neighbors and have been blessed beyond belief here. It is SO bittersweet to be leaving. Buuuutttt, for our family, moving back to Tahoka is just the answer. Every day that Josh is not on shift, he drives to Tahoka to farm. I am also 30+ weeks pregnant and due at the end of July. When he starts his new job, he has to attend the Lubbock FD Rookie School/Paramedic Class and will be in class Monday-Friday, 8-5. Add in drive time and he will pretty much be gone 6:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. every day until the middle of November. Now, I am all about staying at home with two babies but I also know in reality, I am going to need some serious help somedays :) Moving back to Tahoka puts us near all his family, friends and people he grew up with…it is just what we felt like needed to happen. I didn't want to go in to labor with him in class, me with Hensley by myself and try to figure it all out with his parents 30 minutes away. (Yes, I know people do it all the time--but if I didn't have to, I didn't want to!)**

So needless to say, we were praying that God would open doors that needed to be opened, close the ones that needed to be shut and that everything would work out how it was supposed to. Wellll, a few hours after putting the house on the market, our realtor calls at 10:30 that night that we have an offer with a contract on the way…..these people hadn't even seen the house yet. WE WERE STUNNED. They came the next day, loved the house, we signed the contract…..all in about 24 hours. We then started re-looking at some homes in Tahoka we had briefly looked at. (This was FRIDAY of the same week we got the news about my cervix). The next Monday, we went back to the doctor and got a GREAT report and we put in an offer on a new home. Last week, we officially got a contract on the house, our house got inspected and appraised, and we started packing LIKE CRAZY!!! 

I told y'all it has been a CRAZY TWO WEEKS! But Josh and I can not quit thinking how mighty our GOD is and how GREAT his plan is. We know houses don't just sell in hours without ever being looked at. We know it takes some people lots of time to find a house and negotiate a contract. We know people don't always get great reports at the doctor and things like bed rest are necessary for some women. We are completely BLOWN away by how He is working things out. And I looked at Josh the other day and asked him why we EVER stress about anything? Obviously, he has every detail of our life taken care of…so why do we ever worry about the future? I know we are human but these last two weeks have truly been such a blessing. Weight is being lifted off our shoulders daily. If I listed all the prayers he has answered, this would be more of a novel than it already is. 

And that is the main reason I wanted to write this all down. I know life will happen and things will get crazy. I know that I will find something to stress about in the future. So I wanted to take a few minutes and write down so I would truly remember all the great things He has done. How he has turned this event that we dreaded, into a testament of His glory and power. Like I said, we are so sad to leave this town. We have met amazing people and Josh has had the best experience at the Brownfield FD. But on the other hand, we are SO excited for this next chapter. We will be next door to some amazing people that I know will be a huge blessing to us. We will get to go to his home church and be with his family more often. We will get to go visit Hensley's great-grandparents more easily than we can now (having to work around naps/eating and drive-time is sometimes the pits!). We can go take Josh lunch on the tractor on the days he is working. The list could go on and on and on. We are just SO thankful for the doors God has opened. We know this was all His doing! 

Thanks for letting me ramble and share what's going on. And while I have you here, prayers for the rest of this pregnancy and the move are appreciated! :) 

2 comments:

  1. She forgot to add that her mom was having a hard time because they seem to fit so well in the house and neighborhood they are in... and once again God took control.. Their new house has the SAME floor plan as their old one.. WHAT are the odds.. and the neighborhood is great. He even takes care of worrying moms..Amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, Allie!! I'm so happy for you guys! This is just the best news!

    ReplyDelete