I went off to college and got my degree in Agricultural Education but even my advisor knew all I really wanted was my MRS not necessarily my B.S. Thankfully, Josh showed up and soon after I got my degree, I also got my MRS :) I love that man even more now than I did then.
I'm guessing if you read my blog, you know me pretty well---or possibly we are Facebook friends--but you have probably seen a picture or two of this little sweet thing:
Since she came along about 7 months ago, the desire to stay home has become a little more intense. We are blessed to have a baby that sleeps really well--like by really well I mean goes to bed between 6:30-7:00 and sleeps till about 6:30-7:00. Which is wonderful--seriously. The only drawback was I worked in a town 30 minutes away. So by the time I picked her up and we got home, it was almost time for her to eat and go to bed. So Josh and I hardly felt like we got to see her. Not cool.
Ok--so now for a little background (because this is how I really tell stories in real life! I stink at them and ALWAYS have to backtrack)
Several years ago, my mom started a business called Initial Creations. She makes some really neat stuff. Boards, canvases---great, great stuff. Anywho, she knew how much I wanted to be a "Stay at Home Mom" but she also knew I couldn't just stay at home. I also needed to be making some sort of income. So being the incredible woman she is---she branched out and started another little business that Josh and I get to help run and operate. It is Initial Creations, Too. We have a Direct to Garment printer that prints on t-shirts. We can also print on burlap and pillowcases! It is SO much fun.
Mom took some burlap with her to market in January and picked up a few stores for us. Since then there have been times of mass chaos and staying up printing late at night and on weekends. Which has been great to get the business going. But I was getting tired. I was anxious to get to do it full-time. I have not learned everything there is to learn about my machine or the programs it takes to run it.
**If anyone has tips on photoshop---I'm ALL ears**
So after many prayers and long discussions, Josh and I decided it was time. As of May 31st, I "officially" quit my job. It was VERY bittersweet. I had the world's best boss....seriously. We laughed and joked, had serious discussions, and gave each other a hard time. If something ever came up, he was so understanding and never hesitated to tell me to come in late. There was not a day I left work that he didn't tell me thanks for all I had done--even if it was just answering a few phone calls. I have never felt more appreciated at a job. I am beyond thankful for the 2 1/2 years I worked at the Extension office. I met more people than I ever would have if I would have worked somewhere else. I was welcomed in to the community of Tahoka with open arms....which was a huge blessing since I had just got married and moved away from my family. I laugh because I will be telling a story to Josh about people I assume he knows (since it is his hometown) and he has no clue who I am talking about. :) I am going to miss everyone a lot!
So as of now, I am staying at home with our sweet little Hensley and working. I knew that being a stay at home mom was not as easy as everyone thinks it is but dang, I was exhausted at the end of every day! It is totally worth it, though.
Be on the lookout for all of the fun things we have to offer in our business. I am slowly trying to get caught up/ahead and start advertising!!! We are so excited to get to start showing people what we have to offer. But just as a little teaser--I made these for some friends to give as Mother's Day gifts!
Can not wait to really start getting to make our own stuff and advertise it.
A girl has kept me really busy with t-shirts and then some stores with burlap so I'm excited to have time to do more of our stuff! Hopefully soon you will be hearing more about this!


Hi Friend,
ReplyDeleteI was thinking about you this morning so I thought I'd stop by this cute little blog. I LOVED reading about your new plans to stay home. And you are right, it isn't easy, but is the most important job for your sweet family. I miss you like crazy. You are a really special person.
All my love,
Kristan