Since we were already in Sweetwater, we decided to have a little mini-vacation and go on to Abilene, spend the night and go to the Abilene Zoo the next morning. I am so glad we did. I have never been (well Mom tells me when I was Hensley's age I went) and it is a GREAT zoo. We had a blast.
This little birdie found John not too long after we entered and wanted to be his best friend
They bonded for a while but then we had to move on
FLAMINGOS!
We could have stayed here all day. They are so beautiful.
*Photo courtesy of Josh Hawthorne.
He was quite proud of himself.
So glad I get to sleep in a bed and not on one leg resting my head on my back.
Checkin' everything out
GORGEOUS
More flamingo pictures...those two were not happy with each other
So thankful for that women who gave birth to that handsome fella beside her :)
---and for many other reasons, too
He wanted to grab him--not pose for a picture
I promise its not fake---and amazingly I barely edited it.
They are such beautiful creatures
Tyler, Brittany and Hayes --Love this sweet family
Can't believe this sweet boy turns one next week!
Crazy monkeys
Possibly the best part of the zoo---You can feed the giraffes
It was Hayes' turn to feed him
He really wanted to eat the cracker himself but eventually gave it to the giraffe
Look at that tongue!
God has such an imagination.
The lion right after he threw down the lioness and put her in her place.
The men obviously loved this!
Pretty bird
Love my family....a lot.
Another family picture!
It is hip to be a "Hen" :)
If you are ever in the Abilene area and need something to do---I would highly recommend the zoo. Such a fun family outing!

Wow, these are amazing pictures, Allie!! I love the peacock ones!
ReplyDelete~Tiffany
THANK YOU!! I got a new camera for Christmas and was having lots of fun playing with it!! :)
Delete