Pages

The Hawthorne Happenings

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day and Baby Dedication

Sunday was Mother's Day---my first Mother's Day to be exact. To say that I am blessed does not seem to do justice to how I feel. For as long as I can remember I loved kids...First my baby dolls, then younger cousins, then twins I babysat--followed soon after by their younger brother, then on to nephews and a niece. All I ever have wanted to be is a wife and a mom. Josh made me the first about 2 1/2 years ago and I have laughed more and had more fun in the last two years than I could ever have imagined.
 
Then about 6 1/2 months ago, I get another blessing in the form of a sweet, sweet baby girl. Being her mom gives me so much joy. I know that she is a gift from God--She is really His and just given to us to raise. What a job it is that He is entrusting us with. So glad that He is there to guide us and I have a godly husband as my partner.
 
So I could not have asked for a better Mother's Day gift than getting to stand in front of our family, friends and church and dedicate her to the Lord. I know I will fail more times than I will ever be able to count but I'm so thankful for the support Josh and I have in raising Hensley and our future children. I am excited about the future. I can't wait to see her grow into a mighty woman of God and see all He has in store for her.
 
Thank you, Lord for this sweet and precious gift you have given to us.
Please give us the wisdom to raise her knowing she is a Daughter of the King.
 
 
My precious family

Love her

My little baby doll

Whit, Mom, Me and Hens

LOVE this picture---look at that smile :)

Hensley and her Aunt Nee

:)

My sweet cousin, Emma came with my grandparents
Hensley LOVED her!!

:)

Love these women

MawMaw and Lee

Ma and Pa
Hensley was SO TIRED at this point she was cry/laughing. Poor thing

She melts me.

Nana and Poppa

The White side

Pappy with his granddaughter

Poor Hayes was exhausted by this point too but he would at least rest!

My husband and his brothers...you think they are just nice, normal boys...
And then 5 minutes later you look up..

And they are doing this.
 
Yes-this is a normal occurence in an all-boy family.
No-I do not understand it, nor will I ever.
Yes-life is always entertaining around them.
No-I wouldn't trade it for the world.

1 comment:

  1. I love this so much, Allie! Hensley is just precious!

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete