I didn't get pictures of every day but here is week 2 the rest of the days and possibly not in order:
Day 8-We took Nana and Poppa (Josh's grandparents) a birthday treat and a cd and went to visit. We LOVE getting to go see them and are so thankful we live close!
Day 9-We got an angel off the angel tree and got to go buy a little girl a doll who didn't have one.
Day 10-Another day of rest?
Day 11-We learned that candy canes remind us of Jesus!
Day 12-Ellie brought us some stuff to do a little Christmas baking and deliver to people. This may have been one of my favorite because it gave us an excuse to go meet neighbors we had never really met!
Day 13-After adopting a senior citizen at Lynnwood, we wrapped her gift and delivered it!
Day 14-We bought some pop tarts to donate to our local Snack Pak for Kids program.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE how excited she was to find her each day!
Day 17- Green masking tape and pom poms to make a Christmas tree for the frig!
Day 18-She brought us some more baking to do for the firefighters that work so hard to keep us safe!
Teaching her its not all about cooking---we have to do dishes too!
Day 20-We got to "build a snowman"!
Other days I forgot-
*She brought us crayons to color pictures for our friends and family
*She brought us kisses to take to Mimzie and Pappy's Christmas to pass out
*We took books to the local doctors office for kids to look at when they have to get sick
Ellie came for one last visit (way after Christmas) because Hensley looked for her daily and so she came and told her goodbye! She also brought us some more cookies to make :)
I was SO pleased with how this turned out. Yes I missed a few days, yes I had to do some in the spur of the moment, but it didn't matter. We had the most amazing time. I really feel like it helped us keep our focus on others and the true meaning of Christmas. I pray that we can raise our girls in a way that celebrating Christmas is all about Jesus and helping others.
















No comments:
Post a Comment