Pages

The Hawthorne Happenings

Friday, February 24, 2017

Answered Prayers, part 2

As we prayed and dreamed, I realized that if this was going to happen, we were going to need to get rid of some stuff. We would be losing about 500 square feet and so I started cleaning out! I like to be pro-active...and I give my husband a little bit of anxiety. I was trying to tell him that I was just believing God for this and he kept kindly pointing out that while we loved the house---we would still have to update our house, put it on the market, pray it sells in time for us to be able to buy the other house. But still, I posted a few things every few days and started getting rid of stuff. (Which must have been in God's plan all along!)


One of the pieces of furniture was bought by a sweet family friend and while loading it up she told me if I was selling any more furniture to text her first because they were opening a store and needed some for displays. I kinda smiled and told her I sure might be and told her our little secret. She QUICKLY told me to NOT sell our house until I had talked to her and I assured her that we wouldn't, we still wanted to redo some floors and who knows how long it would be. She told me NOT to do anything and to let her talk to her daughter first. I said, "Uh, we were planning on going to get flooring tomorrow!" She assured me I may not need to and to please not put it on the market. I kinda giggled, thinking...."Holy moly, is this really happening?!?" 



Sure enough, about 30 minutes later, I get a text from her daughter telling me that her and her husband were on their way to a funeral but they would like to come look at the house when they got back. A few nights later, they came over---walked thru the house and told us as they were leaving that they wanted to buy it....AS IS!!!! No redoing floors, no repainting, nothing that we had dreaded!!



WHAT?!?!?! Does this really happen?? Needless to say, we were beyond thankful that our prayers were being answered but really there was still so much unknown. I felt certain that everything would work out because if God had brought us this far the whole financial part of it didn't really concern me! And while my husband was agreed, the fact that he brings in all of the income in this family and he provides for us had him a little more stressed and unsure. We talked to several financial places and with it being a different situation than most where you aren't building or buying a house that's already there, there was lots of confusion and uncertainty. Nothing felt quite right and at one point Josh told me he just wasn't sure if it was smart and he was having doubts. 


Once again, God came through in ways that surprised even us and we finally felt a peace. God showed Himself so many times in so many ways and we are so thankful! We got all the balls rolling officially and I started packing up! Life in the country....HERE WE COME!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment